Monday, June 30, 2008


Socks!, originally uploaded by casystotyle.

I don't know why these socks were like pulling teeth to finish...but I just lost interest in them after the heel. I did them with Koigu, toe-up on two circulars with a short row heel. It was my first and possibly last short-row heel. I do like the look of it, but it seems everyone out there says that it's just doesn't wear as well over time.

I ended up giving these to my mother, just for the heck of it since I've never really given her something really good that I've knitted. I am kind of sad to see them go.

I'm already working on some new socks...two toe-up with a heel flap using the magic loop method. I love magic loop and won't go back to two circulars now. It's so much easier and the yarn seems to get tangled a lot less. I'm using some Regia green and white striped yarn. I'll put some pics up soon.

I haven't blogged in so long! I have pics of at least 5 other projects to put up... more soon.


I was going to make these socks into knee length socks, and bought some more of the same color, different dyelot, when I was running out of the first two skeins. It seemed to be close in color and then after I had knit about three inches with the new skein, it appeared disastrous. I'll spare you the visuals. That's what I get for being cocky. Not to worry. The remaining skein, and many of the skeins of Koigu that I've been hoarding will go to the beautiful Barn Raising Quilt from Knit-A-Long.

I'm doing the squares on size 2 US needles as prescribed, but my gauge is much looser, making each square about 9.5 inches instead of 7.5. I don't mind. I want a big ol' cuddly Koigu blanket. I think I'm going to be snobby about it and make the whole thing Koigu, even though that's going to get kind of expensive. I've heard rumors that Koigu is machine washable, even though it's not called superwash. Can anyone confirm?

No comments: